Everyone likes to feel young not just from the activeness of the body but by skin as well. Wrinkles, scars, fine lines, discoloured skin, etc are some of the major skin issues that can damage the look of your face and make you look older than you are.
There are many dermalogical treatments that can help you get rid of this problem and sustain that ever young-looking skin. One such solution is Chemical Peeling.
What is Chemical Peeling?
Chemical Peel refers to a surgical procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin which helps in removing the top layers of that particular area of the skin. The result of this procedure is that the skin that grows back is much smoother and less-problematic.
You can choose the gravity of the procedure i.e. whether you want a light, medium or a deep peel and based upon such gravity it would depend how many sittings you need to undergo in order to finally start seeing the results that you desire. Deeper peels help you get the desired results faster but they can also take longer to recover.
It is a procedure that can help get rid of issues like scars, discolouration of skin, melasma, and wrinkles on your face. Therefore, chemical peel helps in removing damaged skin cells.
Types of chemical peels
There are three types of chemical peels-
- Light /Superficial Peels- In this kind of peel, very mild acids are used to gently exfoliate the skin. It works best on the outermost layer of the skin
- Medium Peels- It uses acids like glycolic acid and works by reaching the middle and the outer layer of the skin. It is considered more effective in removing damaged skin cells.
- Deep Peels- This type of peel fully penetrates the middle layer of the skin and effectively removes all the damaged skin cells. It can require anaesthesia.
Different types of peels can cost differently. Dr. Jyoti Sharma ensures to suggest you the best cometic procedure depending upon your skin type. Usually, light peels and medium peels cost much lesser than the deep peels. Therefore, it is always advisable to contact your doctor and make an informed decision.
Possible side effects of chemical peeling
Every cosmetical and surgical treatment has certain side effects which can vary from person to person. It is not necessary that a person may experience these effects, however, it is always advisable to be informed of any such possibilities before undergoing the treatment.
Possible side effects of chemical peel are:
- Scarring of the skin
- Lightening or Darkening of the skin. This side effect is more common in people with darker skin.
- Heart or Kidney Damage. Deep peels consist of phenol which can damage the heart, liver or kidney muscles and cause irregular heartbeats.
How safe is it?
If the procedure is performed by an experienced specialist, then it can be extremely safe. Dr. Jyoti Sharma, at Vardaan Clinic, is one such experienced professional who will take care of all the needs of the patient required in performing the procedure before actually starting it. It is also required to strictly follow all the pre-procedure and post-procedure precautions to limit the side effects.
Always opt for a skilled professional to undergo such medical procedures. It is important to know your skin by consulting a doctor and then take an informed decision. Chemical Peels can be really effective if done right.